IMEA CONFERENCE CHAIR
Iowa Music Educators Association
(appointed by the Executive Board)
The Conference Chair is responsible for planning and implementing the annual IMEA Conference. Conference Chair holds responsibility for coordinating all activities related to the annual conference with the conference-related chairs: Exhibits, Equipment and
Duties include but are not limited to:
1. Scheduling the conference
2. Coordinating all communications concerning the conference including those for the fall magazine, The Iowa Music Educator.
3. Vetting and soliciting session proposals
4. Booking hotel rooms for several presenters
5. Making arrangements for ground transportation between the Ames hotels and the Des Moines airport for presenters who are traveling from out of state.
6. Attending all 3 days of the conference each year.
There is a stipend provided to the Conference Chair each year.
Thank you for your consideration of this opportunity!